Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] How old is Kirby?
I don't know if we ever got a definitive answer on this. The anime suggests that he's at least 200 years old, but he spent most of that time in incubation in his starship. Given how incongruous the anime is with the games, I suspect that little detail doesn't translate over.

I don't know if Kirby's age was ever stated in any of the manuals, but if so, I'd like to see that. What's more, it's difficult to judge how much in-world time passes between each title.

And don't just tell me he's turning 25. Tongue
"We are the music makers - and we are the dreamers of the dreams."

Noble President (Admin) of Meta Naito forums. Send me PM if anything is amiss.
According to my headcanon, Kirby is biologically immortal; he can only die from trauma.
(04-16-2017, 03:00 AM)The Kirbinator Wrote: According to my headcanon, Kirby is biologically immortal; he can only die from trauma.

That does not even remotely address the question I posed. Angry

Unfortunately, your guess is about as good as anyone's; I don't believe it's ever been officially stated what his age is anywhere.  The anime does give more of a hint on that, but the anime and the games don't take place in the same universe, so it's probably safe to discard that regarding the games.  This is probably the closest answer we'll have on that unless Word of God (whoever is running the franchise at that point) ever reveals otherwise.  It's probably fair to say that he's young (at least when it comes to his species), but exactly how young is unclear, I'd imagine probably the equivalent to a human's preteen phase, given how simpleminded and naive Kirby can be.
Local Videogaming Lunatic
[Image: sig.gif]

Who is to say he ages? They are in Dream Land after all, which yes does have time, but that does not mean that they have things "born" or "die" as we normally define them. In other words, maybe things are more or less created by some unknown force in there world, and thus they don't have aging. Like I said, it is Dream Land after all...
(04-20-2017, 07:18 PM)Meta_Naito Wrote: Who is to say he ages? They are in Dream Land after all, which yes does have time, but that does not mean that they have things "born" or "die" as we normally define them. In other words, maybe things are more or less created by some unknown force in there world, and thus they don't have aging. Like I said, it is Dream Land after all...

Let's assume that's true.

What I'd like to know then is, how long has it been since Kirby popped into existence?

Well as much Kirby as I've played and as much lore as I've read I've never seen mention of any dates of existence of anyone. I mean on occasion there have been things that say "ancient" in its lore, but that is about it. Now if you could find an enemy or boss or someone from the Kirby universe with a age of some sort attached to their lore you might be able to. As you can quickly figure out certain things existed before others.

For example, odds are the oldest Kirby character is Galactic Knight as he is stated to be ancient super powerful warrior. Were as Suisie I would say is younger than Kirby as she was definitely created, and probably before Kirby was around. I would go as far as to say most characters were in existence before Kirby was, as that would explain how King Dedede came in to power and then Kirby came into existence and decided to stop him. (Assuming were not going off the anime here.)

So, if someone can find a "creation" date for some characters there may be a chance we can get one before and after Kirby and get an approximate date. But to be honest, I doubt such lore exists, and if it did I doubt we'd be able to place them in-between Kirby.