Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Smash 4 - Fun at the Beach (weekend of 2/3 and 2/10)
Alright smashers! It's time for our first event on Super Smash Bros. for Wii U; Fun at the Beach!

The premise is simple, get at least four players together in a free-for-all With Friends match, and play at least 5 games on a beach-themed stage, in 3 minute timed matches with standard items and launch rate. The goal here isn't necessarily to win, it's to have a good time.

After those 5 games are played, we can do whatever else we want with whatever other rules or stages in mind until you all get tired and leave. Tongue 

Examples of Beach-themed stages (Delfino Plaza, Pilotwings, Wuhu Island, The Great Sea, omega forms of these stages)

If you want to play with us, make sure you sign up to our Discord server, where you'll be able to chat with us live through text and/or voice while the event is happening.

The link to that is here: http://metanaito.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=18

SCHEDULE:

I will be hosting this event on two separate occasions. The first will be a toe-in-the-water sort of testing event, and the second will be the real thing.

The first will take place on the weekend of February 3rd - 5th, with the main event happening as soon as we can get at least 4 players in a room. The main event will happen again in this window if there is enough demand.

The second will happen over the following weekend of February 10th - 12th, same conditions as the first.

In both instances, I will begin hosting the room at these times, so try to show up near the beginning of it if you can (games will be played even if we can't do the main event!):

Fridays: 17:00 GMT - 22:00 GMT
Saturdays: 17:00 GMT - 03:00 GMT
Sundays: 21:00 GMT - 01:00 GMT

If nothing else, try to show up for the Saturday event. That will be when I am most focused on making this happen.

Hope to see you there! Heart
"We are the music makers - and we are the dreamers of the dreams."

Noble President (Admin) of Meta Naito forums. Send me PM if anything is amiss.
Just a quick reminder. I will be starting today's rounds of events in 2 hours.

If you want to partake, please join our Discord server, linked in the first post.

Due to little activity around the starting time, I'm gonna push today's games forward by three hours.

That means I will start hosting in nearly 4 hours from now, at 20:00 GMT.

Due to low turnout, I suspect I will not be running this next week.

Reply below if you still want to show up and, if you can, tell me what time would work best for you.

I still want to have it next week! I'm sorry I couldn't join before, I was really busy, but anytime on the weekends will work for me!
(02-06-2017, 01:50 PM)MarxTrash Wrote: I still want to have it next week! I'm sorry I couldn't join before, I was really busy, but anytime on the weekends will work for me!

Alright. I suggest you join our Discord server then, so we can keep track of each-others' movement.

Just a quick roll call. Anyone here who wants to and can play some smash tomorrow?

Just want to know if I should be monitoring Discord tomorrow or not? Tongue

I do!
(02-10-2017, 10:02 PM)MarxTrash Wrote: I do!

Alrighty. I will monitor the waves of Discord, just for you! Heart